"I Love Zero" is a family run business located in Pocklington. Borne from our desire to minimise our ecological impacts on the planet.
‘I Love Zero’ offers customers an alternative to buying their dry goods from the supermarket in unnecessary single use plastic packaging. Where possible, it will be free from all non recyclable packaging and organic.
We will source UK grown produce from trusted and known suppliers.
All items, as far as is possible, will be chemical and preservative-free, body care items will be cruelty free and we will build up a range of eco-household products with minimal packaging too.
All our products will be eco-friendly alternatives to the products available at conventional supermarket.
The key people in our business are: Theresa Brindley and Paul Cusick. Between us we bring a wealth of skills and experiences from our professional backgrounds. We know we work well together as we have been a couple for 27 years and have three grown up children. We have also supported each other in diversifying our career paths over the years.
Setting up "I Love Zero" has been the culmination of a lot of soul searching, family discussions, conversations with friends and colleagues, researching, planning, decision-making and faith-leaping (if that’s a phrase?)
It started with a simple objective of helping us all live a more sustainable lifestyle.
Once we decided on what these were, it made choosing what we stocked and who we worked with easy.
- We offer sustainable, good quality products that look after our environment and ourselves.
- We handpick companies that are independent and as local to us as possible.
- We pick companies that share our values of sustainability, fair-wage, fair trade, using ethically sourced ingredients, whilst maintaining great quality products.
Every decision we make supports our green ethos...
- Our energy suppliers are green.
- Our bag and apron suppliers use recycled material.
- Every product is vegan.
- Even our shop sign was made from recycled wood originating from a wooden pallet used to deliver our products.
We have done the research, and curated a list of products that help you shopping a little greener.
We are proud of what we have been able to achieve and love the direction our business is heading. We hope you will love it too and join us in our journey.
We want green shopping to be cost effective and accessible to all.
We are all aware of the impact that fast, cheap production is having on our health and our environment. We believe that is a higher price to pay. We do try, however, to charge a fair price.
The “Love” part of our name is important to us.
- We love our environment and want to take conscious actions to look after it.
- We love the feeling of doing our bit to look after our planet.
- We love our products because of what they stand for and what they are helping achieve.
Join us on our Journey.