Sorry we're out of stock!
Enter your email address below and we’ll notify you as soon as it becomes available.
Agar agar is a natural vegan and vegetarian friendly substitute for gelatin and can be used in desserts such as jelly, puddings and custard. It can also be used as a thickener for soups, stews and casseroles.
It is popular in Asian cuisine, particularly in Japan. It can be used to create anmitsu - a Japanese dessert that consists of small cubes of agar jelly often served with fresh fruit. It can also be used in bubble tea - a popular Asian inspired drink.
Ways to use Agar Agar
- Add to soups for a natural thickener
- Use to make Asian inspired desserts
- Use to make jelly
- Can be used as a vegan replacement for gelatin
- Try making your own bubble tea
Benefits: Agar agar powder is around 80% fibre, which can be good for keeping a healthy gut and can help to keep you fuller for longer.
- Click & Collect / Local Delivery Information
Click & Collect - Yes
This product is available to click and collect.
Local Delivery - Yes
This product is available for local delivery subject to our checking your address during checkout.
Mail Order - Yes
This product is available for postal delivery.
- Allergens, Ingredients & Nutritional Information
- Gluten: This product doesn't contain any gluten containing ingredients, however is packed on a premises that handles gluten containing products.
- Nuts: This product doesn't contain any nuts, however is packed on a premises that handles nuts and nut containing products.
- Peanuts: This product doesn't contain any peanuts, however is packed on a premises that handles peanuts and peanut containing products.
- Sesame Seeds: This product doesn't contain any sesame seeds, however is packed on a premises that handles sesame seeds and sesame seed containing products.
- Soya: This product doesn't contain any Soya, however is packed on a premises that handles Soya containing products.
- Sulphur dioxide: This product does not contain any Sulphur dioxide, however is packed on a premises that handles Sulphur dioxide containing products.
- 100% Agar Agar
Nutritional Information Per 100g
Energy (kcal) 306* Fat (g) 0.3* - of which saturates (g) -* Carbohydrates (g) 80.9* - of which sugars (g) -* Fibre (g) -* Protein (g) 6.2* Salt (g) -* *Approximate Values Due To Batch Variation
Store in a cool and dry place.
- Reviews (0)
Be the first to review this product.
Leave your own review
Send this to a friend
Complete the form below and we’ll send the product details to a friend