Black Turtle Beans - Organic
Sorry we're out of stock!
Enter your email address below and we’ll notify you as soon as it becomes available.
About Organic Black Turtle Beans
Organic black turtle beans, also known as just black beans, are rich in fibre and protein and are a popular ingredient in Latin American cuisine. They have a dense, meaty texture that adds substance to vegetarian dishes such as stews making them popular with vegans as a reliable protein source.
They are small in size and have a shiny skin making them recognisable amongst other varieties of beans.
Benefits of organic black turtle beans
- High in protein
- Rich source of fibre
- Good source of vitamins and minerals
- Good source of iron
- Low in fat
- Low in sugar
- Long shelf life
- Easy to prepare
How to prepare
Dried beans must be soaked prior to cooking to remove any toxins and reduce cooking time.
- Soak in a bowl of water and leave overnight
- Drain from the water and transfer to a pan of boiling water
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 1.5 - 2 hours
- Drain and use in recipes as instructed
Ways to enjoy organic black turtle beans
- Add to vegetarian stews for a delicious protein source
- Use to in brownie recipes to add moisture and texture
- Mexican black bean burritos
- Mexican inspired refried beans
- Cuban black bean soup served with rice
Whether you have used black beans before or are new to discovering these meaty beans we are sure you will love them.
- Click & Collect / Local Delivery Information
Click & Collect - Yes
This product is available to click and collect.
Local Delivery - Yes
This product is available for local delivery subject to our checking your address during checkout.
Mail Order - Yes
This product is available for postal delivery.
- Allergens, Ingredients & Nutritional Information
- Gluten: This product doesn't contain any gluten containing ingredients, however is packed on a premises that handles gluten containing products.
- Nuts: This product doesn't contain any nuts, however is packed on a premises that handles nuts and nut containing products.
- Peanuts: This product doesn't contain any peanuts, however is packed on a premises that handles peanuts and peanut containing products.
- Sesame Seeds: This product doesn't contain any sesame seeds, however is packed on a premises that handles sesame seeds and sesame seed containing products.
- Soya: This product doesn't contain any Soya, however is packed on a premises that handles Soya containing products.
- Sulphur dioxide: This product does not contain any Sulphur dioxide, however is packed on a premises that handles Sulphur dioxide containing products.
- 100% Organic Black Turtle Beans
Nutritional Information (100g)
Energy (kcal) 284* Fat (g) 2.4* - of which saturates (g) 0.6* Carbohydrates (g) 46* - of which sugars (g) 2.9* Fibre (g) 15* Protein (g) 19* Salt (g) Trace* *Approximate Values Due To Batch Variation
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight. Keep in an air tight sealed container in a cool, dark and dry location. Can be refrigerated or frozen (in an airtight container) to extend the shelf life.
- Reviews (0)
Be the first to review this product.
Leave your own review
Send this to a friend
Complete the form below and we’ll send the product details to a friend