Be the first to review this product.
Black Turtle Beans - Organic
About Organic Black Turtle Beans
Organic black turtle beans, also known as just black beans, are rich in fibre and protein and are a popular ingredient in Latin American cuisine. They have a dense, meaty texture that adds substance to vegetarian dishes such as stews making them popular with vegans as a reliable protein source.
They are small in size and have a shiny skin making them recognisable amongst other varieties of beans.
Benefits of organic black turtle beans
- High in protein
- Rich source of fibre
- Good source of vitamins and minerals
- Good source of iron
- Low in fat
- Low in sugar
- Long shelf life
- Easy to prepare
How to prepare
Dried beans must be soaked prior to cooking to remove any toxins and reduce cooking time.
- Soak in a bowl of water and leave overnight
- Drain from the water and transfer to a pan of boiling water
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 1.5 - 2 hours
- Drain and use in recipes as instructed
Ways to enjoy organic black turtle beans
- Add to vegetarian stews for a delicious protein source
- Use to in brownie recipes to add moisture and texture
- Mexican black bean burritos
- Mexican inspired refried beans
- Cuban black bean soup served with rice
Whether you have used black beans before or are new to discovering these meaty beans we are sure you will love them.
- Click & Collect | Delivery Information
Click & Collect - Yes
This product is available to click and collect.
Local Delivery - Yes
This product is available for local delivery subject to our checking your address during checkout.
Mail Order - Yes
This product is available for postal delivery.
- Allergens, Ingredients & Nutritional Information
- Gluten: This product doesn't contain any gluten containing ingredients, however is packed on a premises that handles gluten containing products.
- Nuts: This product doesn't contain any nuts, however is packed on a premises that handles nuts and nut containing products.
- Peanuts: This product doesn't contain any peanuts, however is packed on a premises that handles peanuts and peanut containing products.
- Sesame Seeds: This product doesn't contain any sesame seeds, however is packed on a premises that handles sesame seeds and sesame seed containing products.
- Soya: This product doesn't contain any Soya, however is packed on a premises that handles Soya containing products.
- Sulphur dioxide: This product does not contain any Sulphur dioxide, however is packed on a premises that handles Sulphur dioxide containing products.
- 100% Organic Black Turtle Beans
Nutritional Information (100g)
Energy (kcal) 284* Fat (g) 2.4* - of which saturates (g) 0.6* Carbohydrates (g) 46* - of which sugars (g) 2.9* Fibre (g) 15* Protein (g) 19* Salt (g) Trace* *Approximate Values Due To Batch Variation
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight. Keep in an air tight sealed container in a cool, dark and dry location. Can be refrigerated or frozen (in an airtight container) to extend the shelf life.