Sorry we're out of stock!
Enter your email address below and we’ll notify you as soon as it becomes available.
Chickpeas are a popular legume and a fantastic protein source for vegans and vegetarians. They are a nutrient rich food that is high in fibre, protein and folate and a healthy source of natural vitamins and minerals such as iron.
Chickpeas are an important ingredient in Indian and Middle Eastern Cuisine for their versatility and ability to absorb flavours in curries and dips.
Benefits of Chickpeas
- High in protein
- Rich source of fibre
- Low in fat
- Low in sugar
- Cheap protein source
- Long shelf life
- Easy to prepare
- Can be used in sweet and savoury recipes
How to prepare chickpeas
- Soak in water overnight
- Drain and rinse
- Add to a pan
- Cover with water and boil for 20-25 minutes for firmer beans of 40-45 minutes for softer beans (depending on how you plan to use them) To know whether your chickpeas are cooked, cut one in half. If they are cooked they will be soft and appear yellow the whole way through. If the chickpeas are not cooked, the centre will appear white and starchy. If that is the case then boil for 5 minutes more and check again.
Ways to enjoy chickpeas
There are many ways to enjoy this popular ingredient in your diet. Here are a few ideas to get you started;
- Roast with warming spices and enjoy as a go-to healthy snack
- Use to make chana masala, an Indian side dish that is popular with vegans
- Add to curries for added protein and texture
- Use to make hummus and dip vegetable crudites
- Try making falafels and enjoy as a delicious, protein source in salads
- Sprinkle on salads
- Make you own chickpea flour and use in an array of baking recipes
- Price Checked - Click For Details
Sainsbury's: £2.30 / kg
I Love Zero: £2.30 / kg
Check Date: 16 October 2020
- Click & Collect / Local Delivery Information
Click & Collect - Yes
This product is available to click and collect.
Local Delivery - Yes
This product is available for local delivery subject to our checking your address during checkout.
Mail Order - Yes
This product is available for postal delivery.
- Allergens, Ingredients & Nutritional Information
- Gluten: This product doesn't contain any gluten containing ingredients, however is packed on a premises that handles gluten containing products.
- Nuts: This product doesn't contain any nuts, however is packed on a premises that handles nuts and nut containing products.
- Peanuts: This product doesn't contain any peanuts, however is packed on a premises that handles peanuts and peanut containing products.
- Sesame Seeds: This product doesn't contain any sesame seeds, however is packed on a premises that handles sesame seeds and sesame seed containing products.
- Soya: This product doesn't contain any Soya, however is packed on a premises that handles Soya containing products.
- Sulphur dioxide: This product does not contain any Sulphur dioxide, however is packed on a premises that handles Sulphur dioxide containing products.
- 100% Chickpeas
Nutritional Information (100g)
Energy (kcal) 336* Fat (g) 5.4* - of which saturates (g) 0* Carbohydrates (g) 45.2* - of which sugars (g) 2.6* Fibre (g) 10.7* Protein (g) 21.4* Salt (g) 0.1* *Approximate Values Due To Batch Variation
Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
- Reviews (0)
Be the first to review this product.
Leave your own review
Send this to a friend
Complete the form below and we’ll send the product details to a friend