Sorry we're out of stock!
Enter your email address below and we’ll notify you as soon as it becomes available.
Cornflour, also known as corn starch, is obtained from the endosperm of the kernel from corn (maize). It can be used as a natural thickening agent for thickening soups,gravy, casseroles and vegetable stews.
Directions for use:
Mix a little with cold water to form a paste or a slurry as it is also known, before adding to the liquid that you wish to thicken. The good thing about using cornflour is that it forms a translucent paste, therefore it prevents the liquid in the recipe from turning cloudy.
How it works
Once a paste is formed and you have added it to the liquid, the starch is then heated up during cooking and the molecules work with other starch substances, which form together to thicken the liquid.
- Price Checked - Click For Details
Sainsbury's: = £3.00 / kg
I Love Zero: = £2.90 / kg
Check Date: 19 October 2020
- Click & Collect / Local Delivery Information
Click & Collect - Yes
This product is available to click and collect.
Local Delivery - Yes
This product is available for local delivery subject to our checking your address during checkout.
Mail Order - Yes
This product is available for postal delivery.
- Allergens, Ingredients & Nutritional Information
- Gluten: This product doesn't contain any gluten containing ingredients, however is packed on a premises that handles gluten containing products.
- Nuts: This product doesn't contain any nuts, however is packed on a premises that handles nuts and nut containing products.
- Peanuts: This product doesn't contain any peanuts, however is packed on a premises that handles peanuts and peanut containing products.
- Sesame Seeds: This product doesn't contain any sesame seeds, however is packed on a premises that handles sesame seeds and sesame seed containing products.
- Soya: This product doesn't contain any Soya, however is packed on a premises that handles Soya containing products.
- Sulphur dioxide: This product does not contain any Sulphur dioxide, however is packed on a premises that handles Sulphur dioxide containing products.
- 100% Corn Flour
Nutritional Information (100g)
Energy (kcal) 360* Fat (g) 3.9* - of which saturates (g) 0.5* Carbohydrates (g) 76.9* - of which sugars (g) 0.6* Fibre (g) 9.6* Protein (g) 6.9* Salt (g) 0* *Approximate Values Due To Batch Variation
Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
- Reviews (0)
Be the first to review this product.
Leave your own review
Send this to a friend
Complete the form below and we’ll send the product details to a friend