Be the first to review this product.
Energy Balls - Recipe In A Bag
There are lots of variations on energy balls. These are ones I first started making when I was doing a lot of running and exercise. They are great way to refuel and a healthy snack. Careful though, they are very tasty but quite high in calories. :)
Bag 1 - 100g cashew nuts
Bag 2 - 100g dates
Bag 3 - 50g desiccated coconut
Bag 4 - Pinch of cinnamon & Pinch of ginger
From I Love Zero
2 tbs coconut oil.
3 tbs agave syrup.
|Makes approximately 16 energy balls|
- Using a food processor (or a rolling pin) blend the cashew nuts (Bag 1) until they are a mixture of tiny pieces and powder. Put into a bowl.
- Place the dates (Bag 2) into a blender and break down into small pieces.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan or in the microwave. Stir in the agave.
- Pour the coconut oil and agave mixture over the dates and add Bag 4. Blend to make a paste.
- Tip date mixture into cashew nuts, add half of the desiccated coconut (Bag 3). Stir to combine all the ingredients. It needs to be sticky and make a “dough” when pushed between your fingers.
- Place the rest of the desiccated coconut on a plate.
- Scoop the dough by heaping tablespoons, then roll between your hands to form balls.
- Roll the ball lightly in the coconut.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the fridge or freezer to set for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Store the balls in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.
- They are suitable for freezing so you could keep some in the freezer for an even longer shelf life.
Note: Purchase includes Bagged Ingredients only