Linseeds - Brown
Sorry we're out of stock!
Enter your email address below and we’ll notify you as soon as it becomes available.
Linseed: Brown linseeds are rich in fibre and essential fatty acids. The seeds can be ground down to make flaxseed which can be used in baking as an egg replacement for vegans.
Linseeds are a product of the flax plant (Linum usitatissimum) and contain numerous beneficial components including Palmitic, Stearic, Arachidic and Oleic fatty acids (Omega 3). Perhaps the most important of these fatty acid components is Linoleic and alpha-Linolenic acid.
Linseeds are most popularly used to add fibre to a diet. Once ground, which can be done using a pestle and mortar, can be used in baking to add nutrition. Flaxseed can also be used to create an egg replacer for vegan baking. Simply add 2-3 tbsp of warm water to 1 tbsp flaxseed and leave for 5 minutes. This is equal to one egg.
Benefits of brown linseeds
- Raw High in fibre Rich in fatty acids
- Easy to add into your daily diet
- Can be ground to make flaxseed
- Price Checked - Click For Details
Sainsbury's: £9.00 / kg
I Love Zero: £3.50 / kg
Check Date 2 November 2020
- Click & Collect / Local Delivery Information
Click & Collect - Yes
This product is available to click and collect.
Local Delivery - Yes
This product is available for local delivery subject to our checking your address during checkout.
Mail Order - Yes
This product is available for postal delivery.
- Allergens, Ingredients & Nutritional Information
- Gluten: This product doesn't contain any gluten, however is packed on a premises that handles gluten and gluten containing products
- Nuts: This product doesn't contain any nuts, however is packed on a premises that handles nuts and nut containing products.
- Peanuts: This product doesn't contain any peanuts, however is packed on a premises that handles peanuts and peanut containing products.
- Sesame Seeds: This product doesn't contain any sesame seeds, however is packed on a premises that handles sesame seeds and sesame seed containing products.
- Soya: This product doesn't contain any Soya, however is packed on a premises that handles Soya containing products.
- Sulphur dioxide: This product does not contain any Sulphur dioxide, however is packed on a premises that handles Sulphur dioxide containing products.
- Brown Linseed
Nutritional Information (100g)
Energy (kcal) 443* Fat (g) 36.3* - of which saturates (g) 4.2* Carbohydrates (g) 7.4* - of which sugars (g) 2.1* Fibre (g) 24.4* Protein (g) 22* Salt (g) 0.06* *Approximate Values Due To Batch Variation
Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
- Reviews (0)
Be the first to review this product.
Leave your own review
Send this to a friend
Complete the form below and we’ll send the product details to a friend