These sticks are a lovely drink when broken up in hot water. They are especially nice with a spoonful of the peppermint tea leaves
Liquorice Root Sticks
Liquorice root can be chewed, or the flavour can be extracted using any hot liquid. Boil it into homemade beverages such as hot chocolate or coffee, or steep the liquorice in a small amount of hot water to release its beautiful moreish flavour. This can then be used to make desserts, cakes and other sweet baking recipes.
Liquorice Root, also known as liquorice sticks or twigs, is the root from the Glycyrrhiza Glabra, from which the sweet flavour is extracted, and used in confectionary, among other things such as cooking, and herbal medicines. Liquorice roots are primarily consumed in two main ways. The flavour from the liquorice can be extracted by placing the root in a hot liquid such as water, teas, syrups, custards and sauces, to infuse with the distinct liquorice flavour. Alternatively the liquorice sticks can be chewed in root form, and is commonly chopped into smaller pieces for convenience.
- Click & Collect | Delivery Information
Click & Collect - Yes
This product is available to click and collect.
Local Delivery - Yes
This product is available for local delivery subject to our checking your address during checkout.
Mail Order - Yes
This product is available for postal delivery.
- Allergens, Ingredients & Nutritional Information
- Gluten: This product doesn't contain any gluten containing ingredients, however is packed on a premises that handles gluten containing products.
- Nuts: This product doesn't contain any nuts, however is packed on a premises that handles nuts and nut containing products.
- Peanuts: This product doesn't contain any peanuts, however is packed on a premises that handles peanuts and peanut containing products.
- Sesame Seeds: This product doesn't contain any sesame seeds, however is packed on a premises that handles sesame seeds and sesame seed containing products.
- Soya: This product doesn't contain any Soya, however is packed on a premises that handles Soya containing products.
- Sulphur dioxide: This product does not contain any Sulphur dioxide, however is packed on a premises that handles Sulphur dioxide containing products.
- Liquorice Root