I love using this in sweet and savoury dishes. It's also great on my pizza bases.
Polenta is an excellent low-calorie sweet-stodgy food, made from ground corn. You can use it in place of otherwise heavy mashed potato, and it pairs really well with practically any main meal, from tomato-based Italian and Mediterranean dishes to stews, gravy-oriented dishes, curries and more.
Directions for use:
1. Bring the water to a boil
2. Add the polenta and stir for a few minutes to avoid any lumps.
3. Cook for around 5-10 minutes over a low heat, stirring often until it starts to thicken.
4. Serve when desired texture is reached.
Buy in multiples of 200g
- Price Checked - Click For Details
Sainsbury's: £4.75/kg or 96p/200g
I Love Zero: £4.60/kg or 92p/200g
Check Date: 24 July 2023
- Click & Collect | Delivery Information
Click & Collect - Yes
This product is available to click and collect.
Mail Order - Yes
This product is available for postal delivery.
- Allergens, Ingredients & Nutritional Information
- Gluten: This product doesn't contain any gluten containing ingredients, however is packed on a premises that handles gluten containing products.
- Nuts: This product doesn't contain any nuts, however is packed on a premises that handles nuts and nut containing products.
- Peanuts: This product doesn't contain any peanuts, however is packed on a premises that handles peanuts and peanut containing products.
- Sesame Seeds: This product doesn't contain any sesame seeds, however is packed on a premises that handles sesame seeds and sesame seed containing products.
- Soya: This product doesn't contain any Soya, however is packed on a premises that handles Soya containing products.
- Sulphur dioxide: This product does not contain any Sulphur dioxide, however is packed on a premises that handles Sulphur dioxide containing products.
- 100% Cornmeal
Nutritional Information (100g)
Energy (kcal) 345* Fat (g) 1* - of which saturates (g) 0.25* Carbohydrates (g) 76.5* - of which sugars (g) 0.3* Fibre (g) 3.6* Protein (g) 7.5* Salt (g) 0* *Approximate Values Due To Batch Variation
Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.