Red Kidney Beans
Sorry we're out of stock!
Enter your email address below and we’ll notify you as soon as it becomes available.
Kidney beans are given the name due to the resemblance of the human kidney in shape and colour. They are high in protein and fibre and provide an abundance of nutrients to a meal. Beans are popular with vegans, vegetarians and those on plant based diets as their main source of consuming protein rich foods.
Kidney beans are most frequently used in Mexican meals such as chilli con carne for a heart, tasty Autumnal meal that is loved by the whole family. Combine with delicious spices for a mild or hot chilli depending on your taste palette.
Benefits of red kidney beans
Kidney beans have a wealth of benefits associated with them and are a fantastic source of nutrients. Some of the reasons why these are one of our most popular beans are:
- High in protein
- Good source of fibre
- Low in fat
- Low in sugar
- Good source of calcium
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Long shelf life
- Easy to use
How to prepare
Red kidney beans must be soaked prior to cooking (preferably overnight) and then add to a pan of boiling water and boiled vigorously for at least 10 minutes to remove all of the toxins that can be related to kidney beans. It is recommended to boil for around 30 minutes to ensure that all of the toxins known as phytohemagglutinin are entirely removed.
- Click & Collect / Local Delivery Information
Click & Collect - Yes
This product is available to click and collect.
Local Delivery - Yes
This product is available for local delivery subject to our checking your address during checkout.
Mail Order - Yes
This product is available for postal delivery.
- Allergens, Ingredients & Nutritional Information
- Gluten: This product doesn't contain any gluten containing ingredients, however is packed on a premises that handles gluten containing products.
- Nuts: This product doesn't contain any nuts, however is packed on a premises that handles nuts and nut containing products.
- Peanuts: This product doesn't contain any peanuts, however is packed on a premises that handles peanuts and peanut containing products.
- Sesame Seeds: This product doesn't contain any sesame seeds, however is packed on a premises that handles sesame seeds and sesame seed containing products.
- Soya: This product doesn't contain any Soya, however is packed on a premises that handles Soya containing products.
- Sulphur dioxide: This product does not contain any Sulphur dioxide, however is packed on a premises that handles Sulphur dioxide containing products.
- 100% Red Kidney Beans
Nutritional Information (100g)
Energy (kcal) 277* Fat (g) 1.4* - of which saturates (g) 0.7* Carbohydrates (g) 44* - of which sugars (g) 2.5* Fibre (g) 15* Protein (g) 22* Salt (g) 0.1* *Approximate Values Due To Batch Variation
Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
- Reviews (0)
Be the first to review this product.
Leave your own review
Send this to a friend
Complete the form below and we’ll send the product details to a friend