Be the first to review this product.
Strong Wholemeal Flour - Bread Flour
Strong wholemeal flour is a fantastic flour for baking wholemeal bread.
Pub Fact: It is known as wholewheat in the US and wholemeal in the UK.
This strong flour creates the perfect finish to a crusty loaf of bread to accompany warm bowls of homemade soup on an autumnal day.
It is created by grinding wheat in its whole form for all of the natural goodness of the full grain. The finished product is a healthy whole grain that makes the perfect bread and other creations.
Wholemeal flour will require you to knead the dough for longer to build up elasticity.
Some people mix it with strong white flour in 50/50 or 60/40 ratio. It also makes a sourdough stater which can then be used to make pizzas or other breads. It is also good for Chapatis.
Benefits of wholemeal flour
- Full of fibre
- Contains vitamins and minerals
- Can be used to make wholemeal bread
- Adds body to loaves of bread
Ways to enjoy
- Use to make wholemeal bread
- Combine with other flours to experiment with baking
- Make cakes and biscuits
- Click & Collect | Delivery Information
Click & Collect - Yes
This product is available to click and collect.
Local Delivery - Yes
This product is available for local delivery subject to our checking your address during checkout.
Mail Order - Yes
This product is available for postal delivery.
- Allergens, Ingredients & Nutritional Information
Strong WHOLEWHEAT flour
- Contains Gluten
- Packed on premises that handles nuts (including peanuts), seeds, cereals, soya & products containing gluten.
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Keep in an air tight sealed container in a cool, dark and dry location. Can be refrigerated or frozen (in an airtight container) to extend the shelf life.