Be the first to review this product.
Sumac - Organic 30g
Organic Sumac, also spelled sumach, is any of about 35 species of flowering plants in the genus Rhus and related genera in the cashew family.
Sumac comes from the Arabic “summaq,” which means “dark red.” It is a crimson red, astringent spice popular in Middle Eastern cooking.
So what does it taste like? It tastes a bit lemony, perhaps it could be described as sour / tangy.
How to use Sumac?
- It is a standard ingredient in za’atar, a popular Mediterranean spice blend used to top everything from pita to lamb chops.
- Dust it over a variety of dishes e.g meats, salads, breads, and desserts. It becomes a colorful garnish, and adds a touch of citrusy acidity.
- Used as a substitute for lemon juice or vinegar, it has a less pungent, overpowering flavoor than its acidic counterparts.
- Use as part of a meat rub or marinade, to enhance the natural fats with its sharp flavours.
Buy in multiples of 30g
- Price Checked - Click For Details
Sainsbury's = £53/kg
I Love Zero = £45/kg (Ours is Organic)
Check Date 21 August 2023
- Click & Collect | Delivery Information
Click & Collect - Yes
This product is available to click and collect.
Mail Order - Yes
This product is available for postal delivery.
- Allergens, Ingredients & Nutritional Information
- Gluten: This product doesn't contain any gluten containing ingredients, however is packed on a premises that handles gluten containing products.
- Nuts: This product doesn't contain any nuts, however is packed on a premises that handles nuts and nut containing products.
- Peanuts: This product doesn't contain any peanuts, however is packed on a premises that handles peanuts and peanut containing products.
- Sesame Seeds: This product doesn't contain any sesame seeds, however is packed on a premises that handles sesame seeds and sesame seed containing products.
- Soya: This product doesn't contain any Soya, however is packed on a premises that handles Soya containing products.
- Sulphur dioxide: This product does not contain any Sulphur dioxide, however is packed on a premises that handles Sulphur dioxide containing products.
- 100% Ground Organic Sumac
Nutritional Information (100g)
Energy (kcal) 324* Fat (g) 16.6* - of which saturates (g) 3.9* Carbohydrates (g) 17.6* - of which sugars (g) 1.3* Fibre (g) 44.6* Protein (g) 3.8* Salt (g) 3.1* *Approximate Values Due To Batch Variation
Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.