Sorry we're out of stock!
Enter your email address below and we’ll notify you as soon as it becomes available.
Xanthan Gum is used in baking, particularly in gluten free recipes to improve the crumb structure and reduce crumbling. It can be used as a natural and effective thickening agent and could also have some health benefits associated with it.
Xanthan gum is used to improve the texture and shelf life of gluten free products. It mimics gluten in terms of keeping the baked products moist and the texture soft.
You can use xanthan gum for home baking paleo, vegetarian, vegan and especially gluten-free recipes. It will improve the integrity of your 'crumb structure', binding your baking mixes together and significantly minimising any unwanted crumbling - ideal for biscuits. It adds texture and thickness without a large amount of calories.
- Low in calories
- Low in fat
- Thickens and adds consistency
- Improve crumb structure
- Adds texture Soluble fibre
This natural ingredient is produced by the fermentation of glucose or sucrose by the bacteria Xanthomonas Campestris.
There are many foods that contain xanthan gum such as:
- Salad dressings
- Baked goods
- Gluten free shop bought products
- Low fat foods
- Personal care and beauty products such as toothpaste and moisturiser
Directions - add sparingly to recipes
- Click & Collect / Local Delivery Information
Click & Collect - Yes
This product is available to click and collect.
Local Delivery - Yes
This product is available for local delivery subject to our checking your address during checkout.
Mail Order - Yes
This product is available for postal delivery.
- Allergens, Ingredients & Nutritional Information
- Gluten: This product doesn't contain any gluten containing ingredients, however is packed on a premises that handles gluten containing products.
- Nuts: This product doesn't contain any nuts, however is packed on a premises that handles nuts and nut containing products.
- Peanuts: This product doesn't contain any peanuts, however is packed on a premises that handles peanuts and peanut containing products.
- Sesame Seeds: This product doesn't contain any sesame seeds, however is packed on a premises that handles sesame seeds and sesame seed containing products.
- Soya: This product doesn't contain any Soya, however is packed on a premises that handles Soya containing products.
- Sulphur dioxide: This product does not contain any Sulphur dioxide, however is packed on a premises that handles Sulphur dioxide containing products.
- 100% Xantham Gum
Nutritional Information Per 100g
Energy (kcal) 335* Fat (g) -* - of which saturates (g) -* Carbohydrates (g) 77.2* - of which sugars (g) -* Fibre (g) 77.2* Protein (g) 6.64* Salt (g) 6.55* *Approximate Values Due To Batch Variation
Store in a cool and dry place.
- Reviews (0)
Be the first to review this product.
Leave your own review
Send this to a friend
Complete the form below and we’ll send the product details to a friend