Be the first to review this product.
Baking Powder - Gluten Free
Baking Powder - Gluten Free
Baking powder is a raising agent and is an essential ingredient for cake making. It can also be used to clean surfaces for a completely natural cleaning product.
Baking powder is a leavening (raising) agent that is used to add volume and lighten baked goods such as cakes. It helps to provide a fluffy sponge by a chemical reaction that happens during baking.
Baking powder is a combination of an alkali, an acid, bicarbonate of soda and cream of tartar along with a touch of cornflour to absorb the moisture. It is activated when it is combined with liquid such as when making a cake. A chemical reaction takes place and carbon dioxide is produced causing bubbles which helps the mixture to expand thus creating a light and airy sponge.
It is because of the chemical reaction that it is important when preparing a cake mixture, to place the mixture into the oven as soon as you can after combining both the wet and dry ingredients.
When baking powder expires it can still be used as a cleaning product but cannot be used for baking as the leavening agent will not work as well.
Ways to use gluten free baking powder
- Add during cake making for gluten free creations
- Blend with a little water to make a paste to clean stainless steel surfaces
- Use a gentle scourer for cleaning surfaces
- Use as a floor cleaner for hard surfaces such as vinyl
- Click & Collect | Delivery Information
Click & Collect - Yes
This product is available to click and collect.
Local Delivery - Yes
This product is available for local delivery subject to our checking your address during checkout.
Mail Order - Yes
This product is available for postal delivery.
- Allergens, Ingredients & Nutritional Information
- Gluten: This product doesn't contain any gluten containing ingredients, however is packed on a premises that handles gluten containing products.
- Nuts: This product does contain nuts.
- Peanuts: This product doesn't contain any peanuts, however is packed on a premises that handles peanuts and peanut containing products.
- Sesame Seeds: This product doesn't contain any sesame seeds, however is packed on a premises that handles sesame seeds and sesame seed containing products.
- Soya: This product doesn't contain any Soya, however is packed on a premises that handles Soya containing products.
- Sulphur dioxide: This product does not contain any Sulphur dioxide, however is packed on a premises that handles Sulphur dioxide containing products.
- Sodium Dihydrogen Diphosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Sulphate
Nutritional Information (100g)
Energy (kcal) - Fat (g) - - of which saturates (g) - Carbohydrates (g) - - of which sugars (g) - Fibre (g) - Protein (g) - Salt (g) - *Approximate Values Due To Batch Variation
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.